OUR JOBS: APPLY ON THE FORM BELOW
Top rating 5star PADI IDC Dive Shop in the heart of Waikiki is looking for full-time, part-time, or contract Boat Captains to join our fantastic team. Our vessels are located in Kewalo Basin. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter, caring, patient, and ethical.
· Competitive Charter Compensation
· Outstanding Benefits
· Year-End Profit Sharing
· Operate a vessel safely and timely
· Provide EXCELLENT customer service at all times. Caring for beginner customers’ learning journey and willing to be an essential enabler for one’s dreams come true.
· Prepare customers for a safe experience by providing a thorough introduction to the vessel and safety requirements
· Assist crew with gear removal and setup; help customers to get in and out of the vessels
· Perform equipment inspections and complete preventative maintenance projects
· Monitor changing weather and ocean conditions and make appropriate decisions to ensure the safety of students, staff, and other water users
· Accurately document and organize vessel condition and checklists
· Other duties as assigned
· Pre-employment drug test
· Experience operating charter vessels
· Vessel Maintenance Knowledge
· Valid USCG Masters 50 ton or higher
· Bilingual is a plus! (Japanese, Korean, Mandarin)
· Must be US Citizen or have US Work Permit
· MUST BE ABLE TO WORK NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS (Please do not apply if you cannot)
· Dive certification a plus!
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
· Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
· Initiative and adaptability.
· ability to lift 50 lbs.
· ability to work outside in varying conditions.
US CITIZENSHIP OR PRE-APPROVED, LEGAL ABILITY TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES REQUIRED UPON APPLICATION.
Waikiki Diving Center, a top rating PADI Five Star IDC Center, seeks applications from PADI OWSI, MSDT, Instructor, Master, and IDCSI for immediate full-time or part-time employment. Our Ohana’s (Hawaiian word for family) mission is to transform lives through safe discovery and adventure with the most experienced pros on the island, educating and inspiring while exploring our underwater world. Our team takes pride in the little things we do to help Inspire, Discover and Empower. We are here to change the world around us, improve people relations and take our responsibilities to heart in conserving the ocean. If you believe you have what it takes to make a life-changing impact on others, apply now.
Here at Waikiki Diving Center, our PADI Pros enjoy the following:
· Top tier compensation not just on Oahu, not just in Hawaii, but worldwide as well.
· After your first work anniversary as a full-time W2 employee, we offer to cover your PADI Pro Membership Renewal fees.
· After your first work anniversary as a full-time W2 employee, we offer to cover your Professional Liability Insurance.
· We share our passion with divers, connect people worldwide on our “Snoopy” and “Submariner” boats and make dreams come true daily.
· We take experienced divers and new divers diving from our boats every day, providing them the underwater experience they’ve only dream about.
· We observe vibrant coral reefs, giant green sea turtles (Honu), and an immense variety of endemic marine life only found in Hawaii.
· We work hard together as a team, but we play even more complex. Apply now and see why!
We are expanding our Ohana, and we want you to be a part of it. Therefore, we are searching for PADI OWSI, MSDT, and IDC Staff Instructors looking to start immediately. If you choose to apply, weekly duties may include:
· Teaching PADI courses like Open Water, Advanced, Rescue, Specialties, DM, and IDC courses when scheduled.
· Taking certified divers on daily boat dive tours right out of Waikiki, Oahu, HI.
· Assisting Front line and Ocean team to fill tanks, greet customers, gear divers, transport equipment to harbor, set gears up on boat for customers and students, clean up boats, assist captains, and most importantly, be the ambassador of our team, our island and our ocean.
· Inspiring beginner divers and patiently enabling their first Discover Scuba Diving dreams to come authentic experience.
· May require assisting the Dive Center with crew scheduling, retail sales, customer service, and bookings
If you are a team player, passionate about diving education, and have a good attitude, apply with us today! Any instructors that are kind, caring, and love sharing their passions for diving with their students will be a great addition to our family.
With the rebounding influx of visitors on our island we are always looking to expand our staff so inquire today and we will be elated to find you a place in our shop!